Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran is a well-regarded cosmetic surgeon with years of experience in Turkey. At Tarsus American College, he finished his secondary and high school education. Then he received his MD from the Marmara University Faculty of Medicine in 2003. He afterward completed his training in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine, where he had previously earned a degree. Dr. Başaran now sees patients at his private clinic in Levent, Istanbul, having completed his mandatory service and earning the title of Associate Professor in 2017. After passing all written and oral exams in 2003, he was awarded the ECFMG certificate necessary for employment in the United States.
Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran completed his surgical rotation at Massachusetts General Hospital and his internal medicine rotation at Imperial College and Royal Brompton Hospital in London, respectively. He completed his higher specialty at Temple Health's Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, one of the essential facilities in the country. While holding a medical license in the United States of America to see, assess, and operate on patients, Dr. Başaran carried out roughly 500 surgical procedures in several clinics. Additionally, he has taken part in several operations with well-known American surgeons.
He performed breast aesthetics in Birmingham, Alabama, in 2009 alongside doctors James Grotting and Louis Vasconez. Oscar Ramirez, the foremost expert in this field, taught him about endoscopic (no scar) face aesthetics surgeries. He broadened his understanding of breast reconstruction by working with Hilton Becker, MD, best known for his Becker prostheses. He traveled to Brazil, one of the top nations for body and buttock aesthetics, worked with Raul Gonzalez, MD, and performed procedures to further his education. He gained knowledge of minimally invasive surgical techniques from Daniel Baker, MD (New York), one of the most significant surgeons in ophthalmology and facial aesthetics surgery, before departing for Turkey. He traveled to Taiwan to see Dr. Wu, one of Asia's forerunners in endoscopic facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Başaran presented a relatively safe reduction treatment for huge breasts in a procedure he created by himself and published in PRS, the most famous journal. For this research, he received a prize from the Turkish Plastic Surgery Association in 2010. He has chapters in two books named "Liposuction: Principles and Practice, Second Edition" and "Nipple-Areolar Complex Reconstruction" that explain his unique procedure. Springer, one of the biggest publishing houses in the world, is the publisher of both books.
Areas of Expertise
- Facial Aesthetics
- Breast Aesthetics
- Body Aesthetics
- Non- Surgical Procedures
- Migraine Surgery
- Online Video Consultation - 140 USD
- Secondary and high school education at Tarsus American College.
- 2003 - MD from Marmara University Faculty of Medicine.
- Completed his specialty in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine (Çapa).
- Higher specialty at Temple Health, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia.
- 2009 - Worked with James Grotting, MD and Louis Vasconez, MD in Birmingham, Alabama for breast aesthetics.
- Worked for three months on rhinoplasty with Nazım Cerkeş.
- 2017 - Associate Professor
- Currently, Dr. Başaran works in his own clinic in Levent, Istanbul.
- Phone Number
Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran is a well-regarded cosmetic surgeon with years of experience in Turkey. At Tarsus American College, he finished his secondary and high school education. Then he received his MD from the Marmara University Faculty of Medicine in 2003. He afterward completed his training in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the Istanbul […]
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Male Plastic Surgeon in Turkey
- ISAPS - International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- TTB - Turkish Medical Association
- TPCD - Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- EPCD - Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Association
- EBOPRAS - European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Training and Certifications
- Basic microsurgery training from the Department of Neurosurgery, University of Zurich, Switzerland in 2007.
- Received Certificate of ECFMG required for working actively in the United States of America in 2003 (ECFMG ID: 06553911, USMLE STEPS 1-2-3)
- JCI certified
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- General Medical Council
- Turkish Medical Council
- Europe Medical Council
- American Insurance Company
- Global Insurance Company
- General Insurance Company
- Royal England Insurance
- Allianz Insurance
- United Insurance
- Health Insurance Corporation
- International Health Insurance
- Endoscopic Facial Surgery
- Bichectomy (Buccal Fat Removal)
- Forehead Lift – Brow Lift
- Chin Prosthesis
- Ear Aesthetics Surgery
- Eyelid Surgery
- Face and Neck Rejuvenation
- Periorbital Surgery (Eyelid)
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift and Augmentation (simultaneously)
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision (Secondary Operations)
- Breast Reconstruction
- Abdominoplasty – Tummy Tuck
- Arm Lift
- Body Lift
- Buttock Augmentation
- Thigh Lift
- Post-Bariatric Surgery (Excessive Weight-loss Surgery)
- Scar Revision Surgery
- Fat Injection
Frequently Asked Questions
You may schedule a consultation with Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran online right here.
The cost of cosmetic surgery with Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran depends on the Surgery needed.
Cost of an online video consultation with Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran is $140.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Ibrahim Karaca Basaran has over 15 years of experience.
Dr Ibrahim Karaca Basaran 0 reviewsWrite Your Review
There are no reviews yet.