One of Turkey's top general surgeons in gastroenterology is Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp. His specialties include: Organ transplants (liver, kidney, pancreas), Cancer surgery (liver-biliary cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, stomach-oesophageal cancer) and Obesity surgery (tube stomach, bypass, and revision-correction surgery). His excellent success rate in his procedures has earned him the trust of the people. He has about 32 years of very extensive, rich experience in general surgery. Dr. Cuneyt is a multiple award winner and regarded as Istanbul's top male general surgeon.
In 1989, he got his medical degree from Hacettepe University. Later, between 1990 and 1994, he finished his general surgery training at the general surgery clinic of Ankara Numune Hospital. At Turkey Yüksek Htisas Hospital, he also completed a minor in gastroenterology surgery between 1995 and 1998. The first medical professional in Turkey to specialize in gastroenterology surgery to join the military was Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp. Dr. Cuneyt finished his military service at the Gülhane Military Medical Academy in 1998–1999. Between 2000 and 2005, Dr. Cuneyt served as a specialist at Turkey's Yüksek Htisas Hospital's Gastroenterology Surgery Clinic. Then, in 2003, he was appointed as an associate professor in the department of general surgery at Inonu University. In 2009, he got promoted to professor of general surgery.
The İnönü University Liver Transplant Institute was founded with the assistance of Dr. Cuneyt, who also served as the Deputy Director. He also served as the Founding Deputy Dean for the School of Medicine at Adıyaman University. The renowned doctor joined Yeditepe University's Department of General Surgery in 2020 and immediately assumed the position of Head of the Gastroenterology Surgery Department. More than 200 of Dr. Cuneyt's scholarly publications are from other countries. Six different book chapters, three of which are worldwide, have also been authored by him. The journals Laparoscopic Endoscopic Surgical Science (LESS) and the Annals of Medical Research both have him as their head editor.
Areas of Expertise
- Cancer Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Bariatric-Metabolic Surgery
- Online Video Consultation - 110 USD
- 1989 - Graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine.
- 1990-1994: General Surgery residency at Ankara Numune Hospital General Surgery Clinic.
- Between 1995 - 1998 completed Gastroenterology Surgery Minor Specialization at Turkey Yüksek İhtisas Hospital.
- 1998-1999: Gastroenterology Surgery specialist, Completed military service at Gülhane Military Medical Academy in Turkey.
- 2000-2005: Worked as a specialist in the Gastroenterology Surgery Clinic of Turkey Yüksek İhtisas Hospital.
- 2003: General Surgery Associate Professorship
- 2005: In the Department of General Surgery at Inonu University worked as an associate professor.
- Served as the Deputy Director of the İnönü University Liver Transplant Institute.
- Held the position of Founding Deputy Dean for the Medical Faculty at Adyaman University.
- Founded the Gastroenterology Surgery Clinic at İnönü University and has served as its director since 2013.
- In Strasbourg, Austria, has served as an observer for obesity surgery at the clinics of Karl Miller and Dilemnas in Bruges, Belgium.
- At Yeditepe University's Department of General Surgery, he began working there in 2020 as the head of the gastroenterology surgery division.
- Phone Number
One of Turkey’s top general surgeons in gastroenterology is Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp. His specialties include: Organ transplants (liver, kidney, pancreas), Cancer surgery (liver-biliary cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, stomach-oesophageal cancer) and Obesity surgery (tube stomach, bypass, and revision-correction surgery). His excellent success rate in his procedures has earned him the trust of the people. He […]
Awards and Recognitions
- Best poster award - Turkish Surgery Congress, Antalya, Turkey
- Best oral presentation award - IASGO, Bucharest, Romania
- Best oral presentation - Surgical Research Congress, Malatya, Turkey
- Best oral presentation award - World Hydatid Cyst Congress, Khartoum, Sudan
- Best oral presentation - Korea Minimally Invasive Surgery Congress, Seoul, Korea
- Selected poster presentation - European Congress of Coloproctology, Berlin, Germany
- International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists & Oncologists (IASGO)
- International Association of Liver Surgeons(ILS)
- International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery Association (International Association of Liver, Pancreas and Bile Surgery)
- NOSES Alliance (Founding member of the International Association of Natural Hole Surgery)
- International Association of Hydatidology
- International Pilonidal Society (International Hair Ingrown Society)
- Turkish Surgical Association (4 years Proficiency Board member)
- Turkish Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery Association
- Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgery Association (Member of the Board)
- Gastroenterology Surgery Association
- Surgery Days Association (Founder and two-year president)
- Bariatric Metabolic Surgery Association (Founder and Vice President)
Training and Certifications
- General Surgery training between 1990-1994 at Ankara Numune Hospital General Surgery Clinic.
- Obesity Surgery training
- Laparoscopic Surgery training
- Organ Transplantation Surgery training
- Turkish Medical Council
- JCI certified
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- General Medical Council
- Europe Medical Council
- American Insurance Company
- Global Insurance Company
- General Insurance Company
- Royal England Insurance
- Allianz Insurance
- United Insurance
- Health Insurance Corporation
- International Health Insurance
- Gastric cancer surgery
- Colon cancer surgery
- Liver cancer surgery
- Pancreatic cancer surgery
- Intra-Abdominal Chemotherapy
- Hernia surgery
- Adrenal Gland surgery
- Mini Gastric bypass
- Revisional surgery
- Metabolic surgery
- Gall Bladder surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Liver transplant
- Kidney transplant
- Small intestine transplant
- Pancreas transplant
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, patients are welcome to consult with Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp online.
Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp has 32 years of experience as a general surgeon.
The main specialization of Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp is General Surgery and Gastroenterology.
Cost of an online video consultation with Dr. Cuneyt Kayaalp is $110.
Dr Cuneyt Kayaalp 0 reviewsWrite Your Review
There are no reviews yet.